Monday, October 28, 2013

Influenster's Varsity Vox Box: NYC New York Color's Big Bold Gloss

Me wearing the NYC New York Color Lip Gloss over an orange lipstick


I was lucky enough to be chosen to receive one of Influenster's latest VoxBoxes: The Varsity VoxBox.  I love this box.  It has products that are aimed towards college students, which is perfect for me!  It contains NYC New York Color's Big Bold Plumping and Shine Lip Gloss, Kiss's Nail Dress Nail Adhesives, Clearasil Daily Clear Refreshing Superfruit Wash, Airheads Xtreme Bites, and Tide PODS.  


 As you can see, all of the products are very reasonably priced, which is great for college students!!









One of my favorite products in this box was the NYC lip gloss.  It is very sheer in color, but still adds a little pigment, which is great for people like me who are very pale.  It adds some color to me so that I look healthy, instead of dead.  It goes on with a slight tingle, but it isn't uncomfortable like some plumping lipglosses.  
  It really is a gorgeous color.  It isn't too big or too small of a tube.  You definitely have a lot of product in there, but you can put it in your pocket.  I have worn it on its own, as well as over lipsticks and I love it for both! For being a pretty thick [but comfortable] lipgloss, it really isn't sticky like you might imagine it to be.  
 Here is a picture of the applicator, which I think is quite nice.  It's soft but effective.
 Another angle of the applicator.  It really is huge compared to other lip glosses.  This makes it very quick to apply, another appealing factor to college students!
& here is the tube once more.  

If I would have to rate it I would definitely give it 5/5, or in Influenster terms, an A.  It's easy to apply and really spruces up any looks.  I am definitely going to buy this lipgloss in other shades.  
I recently wore it to a family party and found the color to be very complimentary with my skin color and very comfortable as well.  In this picture I am wearing it over an orangey lipstick.  
Ignore my kind of odd expression here.  The lipgloss is quite long lasting!  It held through my lunch and apple juice!

 Here my lipgloss is still on after eating cheese and crackers with my cousin.

 Seen here is my apple juice, and rather odd tights. 


Thank you to my boyfriend Dave for taking my phone and snapping at least 150 pictures of our family get together! Without that I would not have any of these pictures.  

& Thank you to you, too, reader! 
♥Riley




P.S. Have you tried this lipgloss? Which shades do you have it in? What is your favorite way to wear it? :] ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment