Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Felt Christmas Present Envelopes! $1 Gift!


Recently I was thinking of ways to give people presents. 
Envelopes are a great way to give someone a special gift, and what better envelope than one you hand-made that will last forever?

For this project I used:
  • One half sheet of red felt - Michael's - 33¢
  • One strip of green felt - Michael's - 33¢
  • Fabric glue or Tacky glue
  • Scissors
  • *Optional*: Craft Iron or Regular Iron


 The first thing I did was decide how big of a box/envelope I wanted.  I practiced folding over my felt until I decided on a size and cut it out.
 Then I cut out a straight green strip of felt.  This needs to be as straight as possible, but can be any thickness you see fit.  Take your fabric/tacky glue and run it down the entire strip.  I wanted mine in the middle so I set the strip down in as close to the middle as I could get.  
 I flattened it out with my hands for some time, just because I wasn't sure this glue would work and I wanted it to have good contact.


 Then I folded the bottom up to see how long I wanted the top and sides to be.
 I ran glue along one half of what was going to fold up.  This way I knew how far to fold it as well.
 I pressed it down to make sure the glue was contacting well.
 I decided to use my miniature craft iron my Grandma got me to make the lines crisp.  I folded the top over too and ironed all of the creases.
 I don't know how to describe this shape but it makes an excellent bow.
 Fold in one side to the middle.
 Fold in the other side.
 Better view.
 Place a dab of glue on all of the pieces. But don't use as much as I did or it will show through. Oops!
 Then take a strip of felt and glue it in the back of the bow where you cannot see it.
 I tried the bow a couple places before I decided on a location.

 I liked it right above the opening, and glued it down there. 
 This is what it looks like open.
I cut a piece of paper to fit in it, as that was what described the Christmas present to the recipient! 

Please let me know if you try this craft and if you made any changes to it! :] I'd love to see yours!  

♥ Riley

P.S. What did you put in yours/what would you want to receive in one of these cute and festive envelopes? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment