Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Engagement News!

My best friend is getting married!! 

Hayah, that is. 

Here we are at our "engagement shoot", after she had told me her amazing news!


If you read my blog, you know that I talk about her constantly.  She's my best friend of 12 years, and we're inseparable.  

I knew that there was talk about her getting married, but I was still so surprised to learn that she was engaged.  It seemed to come out of nowhere.  
Before I go on, I just want to say that the lucky guy is an amazing kid who I know will make her happy in life.  He's sweet and kind and pretty much a male Hayah.  

They had known each other for years before their announcement.  Their families have always been good friends and gotten along well.  It really only made sense that they would become family themselves. 

It's so exciting to see her life unfolding before me.  We've been there for each other in thick and thin for everything. See, the thing is, we've never really had bad patches. We've never been fair-weather friends.  We don't only call each other for the bad, or for the good either.  Our friendship is life-encompassing.  
Her engagement party was amazing.  It was a traditional Muslim affair, and it was beautiful.  It was intimate, with only family and some friends invited. [The wedding will be packed, however.]

Hayah and I, on her engagement day. ♥ [I love borrowing her clothes!]

Cute little table decorations outside, where the kids sat!

This picture is a little blurry, but I love all the flowers on her! This also shows her mehndi [or, henna] and her new shiny engagement ring!
Treats I made for the event! Mickey and Minnie Mouse chocolate dipped oreos!

The best girls I know, or the self-deemed "Bridesmaids"! :]

They had these adorable boxes of treats made up with their names on the ribbon!

Her BEAUTIFUL engagement ring that I just had to steal to take a picture of.

It was a very sweet ceremony, and we have hundreds of thousands of pictures to remember it by! 

I don't really feel comfortable posting pictures of people without their approval, so that's it for now! But isn't it just the sweetest?

Update: I now have approval to post some more pictures, this time with the groom-to-be, as well! 

Hayah's house was done up beautifully for the event, with lights, curtains, chairs, rugs, tents, you name it!

All of the pictures captured are sooo cute.  It's hard to have them be anything else with how adorable they are!
All the girls got ready together. I can't post pictures of that, but here was my  look!

Gal-pals, the bride, and the groom!

I feel the need to tell you all that this photo was staged! We forced them to reenact the proposal so that we could film it. They've already thanked us for making them do this!


They're currently hoping for a December wedding, and I cannot wait.  More opportunities to wear shalwar kameez? I'm in! 

♥Riley 

P.S. If you're reading this Hayah, sorry if it was awkward! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment