Sunday, March 9, 2014

How-To: Engagement Ring Holder!

Once my best friend's engagement party was over and done and all there was left to do was pack away leftovers and chat, she realized that she did not know what to do with her engagement ring.  We joked about it and found a solution.

When I went home, I started working on a little holder that she could use when she wasn't wearing her ring, whether for sleep, showering, or cleaning. 

This craft is very simple and cute, and makes a great present. 

To read about her engagement part, click here!

What you will need:

  • Small frame
  • Flowers, buttons, pegs, etc.
  • Glue
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Pen
I spent under $5 on it, and it turned out adorable.  They are really easy to customize to the person's unique tastes.

 First thing you will need to do is take the paper insert out of the frame and trace it onto some pretty paper.  I chose to use blue card stock, though it looks green in this picture.
 This is the frame I used, still with the paper insert inside.
 Switch the paper insert for the piece of new paper you have traced and cut out.
 Pick what you want to add to the frame.  I chose to use one of the darkest paper roses I acquired from Michael's.
 Take the foam sticker off and glue the rose down using some sort of glue.  I chose to use E-6000 because it is the strongest stuff I had on me. 
 I think the rhinestones, bow, and flower combination make this frame super adorable.
 I was working on my sister's bed, which is why my background looks so fabulous! This is how a ring will fit on it.  It will hang down, which is fine.  I chose to use a rose that was a bit snug, so that the ring would not fall or slip off.  There are many ways to make these ring holders.  I have seen many on pinterest, but did not like them enough.  I decided to make my own.
How it looks standing up.  

It really is adorable, and Hayah loved it! :]


Happy Crafting, 
♥Riley

P.S. Do you have any engagement crafts you'd like to share? I'd love to see! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment