Friday, August 23, 2013

Charmander Plushies! <$5 gift!

Hi Everyone! 
Long time no see! Do not worry, I have another tutorial for you all :] 

Charmander Plushie!!

I recently got a suggestion to do a Charmander plushie. How could I say no? Charmander's are adorable! I love all starters though.

This is a really cheap craft that would make a great present for all Pokémon lovers alike! Assuming you already have paint, needles, and thread it'll run you about $2, if you're rounding up how much stuffing you will use!
Here's what you'll need!:
  • One piece of orange felt, 33¢ at Michael's, 27¢ at Hobby Lobby
  • One piece of yellow felt [a scrap would do fine] also 33¢/27¢
  • Tiny amount of red felt, 33¢/27¢
  • Embroidery floss or thread in any color [I used white]
  • Sewing needle
  • Stuffing [$5 for a HUGE bag]
  • Paint for the face and details
From those supplies, the pieces you need to cut are:
  1. Two body pieces of equal size, orange felt
  2. One tummy piece, yellow felt
  3. Two arm pieces of equal size, orange felt
  4. Two feet pieces, orange felt
  5. Two little circles for the "pads" of the feet, yellow
  6. One tail piece, orange felt
  7. One flame piece for the tail, red
  8. One smaller flame piece for the tail, yellow

Make a stencil! You can feel free to follow my example or create your own! & cut them all out :]

 Once I had everything cut out I tried a couple things before I started sewing.
 Arms up.

 Arms down.

Having sewed the tummy piece on.
 Sewing the tail on.
 Tail, then red flame, then yellow flame.


 Sewing pads onto the feet.


 Sewed the arms and feet on.



 Blanket stitch the two pieces together.
 Leave enough unsewed to stuff the plush.
Stuff the plush! Make him as fat or as small as you'd like :]
Here's the back after stuffing!
 Then I started practicing the face. Some silly drawings here!
 Mixed an eye color using sea breeze, silver, and metallic ice blue.
All three from different brands.  I wanted them to shine!

 Started with an outline of black using a very small paint brush.
 A little more, pleased with the eye color!
Here's the face before adding the rest of the mouth.  Was tempted to leave him like this! What do you think?

He looks a bit evil! But maybe he's more mischievous.
 Here's Charmander trying to take over the world.
 Another back view.
 His left side.
And right side.

So this plushie actually took me longer than others I have done.  I kind of struggled conceptually. I really like the result though.  

He doesn't stand up on his own, but I didn't want him to.  If you make a Charmander and do want him to stand up, refer to how I made my hijabi dolls stand up here: http://milkpolka.blogspot.com/2013/07/hayah-hijabi-dolls.html

If you make this craft please send me a picture! I'd love to see your take on it. :]

If you have comments, questions, or suggestions, please email me at milkpolka@yahoo.com 

Hope you're having a great day!
♥ Riley  


P.S. Charmander is now available in my Etsy store! I'd love it if you took a look! 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/160573333/cute-hand-sewn-charmander-plush


P.P.S. Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment