Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pikachu Plushies!

It's hard for me to believe that I haven't done a pikachu plushie yet!!
So here we go!

♥Pikachu Plushies♥


As usual, the first thing I do is make a stencil and cut out the pieces of felt I need for the project.  I needed two body pieces and a tail.  Pikachu's tail has a brown stripe, so I needed to cut some brown felt to size.

 This is my stencil/inspiration/cutest thing I've ever drawn.
 Cut out some cheeks using red felt! Traced around a pen cap for more perfect circles than I could come up with.
Also, You need two feet and two hands/arms. 
 By now we should have this and be ready to sew! [Note: Use more brown felt to make the stripes Pikachu has on his back, I forgot and things got more difficult!]
Attaching the brown piece to his tail, as well as the whole tail to the body in one fell swoop.  As you can see I did this with black embroidery floss.  It's so near to the color you can hardly tell it's there. 

Attach the feets!! :] They're so cute.  I used white 10g DMC embroidery floss for the feet.  As you can tell, I used a very different stitch than on my Hayah Hijabi dolls [http://milkpolka.blogspot.com/2013/07/hayah-hijabi-dolls.html].  I'm evolving! :] (Pokémon pun intended)

 Next, sew the black tips onto the ears!  I would probably do this another way the next time I made them.  

This is what the backside of the body looked like at this step in the process.
 To give the tail more stability I did three little stitches along it.  This makes it much more stable and they're almost invisible.
 What the stitches looked like on the back side.

This is what I had at this point.
 Sewing on the cheeks ^-^
 Time to sew it all together!


Finished product!! I stuffed mine A LOT.  I think we can all agree that a fat Pikachu is a favorite Pikachu, right? 





    





Well, I love my Pikachus fat. 
 The back of my finished Pikachu Plushie.


I couldn't bring myself to paint the rest of a mouth on him.  I loved it too much this way!

Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog post,
♥Riley


No comments:

Post a Comment