Friday, August 23, 2013

Life Update!

One of the reasons I was gone so long from posting was that my sorority had our summer retreat.  We did all kinds of activities that promoted bonding and getting to know each other even better.  It took place over a weekend at a sister's house.  We spent the night each night and we were far enough from school that we stayed there but not too far so that we didn't mind driving there.  It was really nice to see everyone there and catch up.  It was a bit overwhelming though.  My sister's are so loud! But we had a ton of fun! :]

With summer retreat brought the realization that school is really almost here.  It's the 23rd today and school starts the 26th.  Back to school time brings up a lot of feelings for me.  Mainly, anxiety.  I have always been a very nervous person.  I was an extremely anxious child.  I'm hoping that the anxiety will decrease a bit with the fact that I only have 3 days of school this semester.  Another much more confusing feeling is the one I got when I realized that this is my last year in school. Ever.  [If I don't go for my Master's, which won't be for a while anyways.]  I don't know how to be anything other than a student.  That sounds kind of silly, but I really don't.  My family kind of discouraged me from getting a job until I finished school. [So I didn't get any experience, and now it's harder to find a job, but oh well.]  

I am also excited.  I've always loved back to school season.  The back to school clothes and supply shopping, the choosing of classes, seeing friends again.  I am very excited to see all of my friends again, but the truth is, I really am sad to see summer go.  My summer was two and a half months long and I wouldn't mind if they made is a little longer.  My classes this semester seem easy enough, and I know I have sisters in at least a couple of them.  

I am really excited to spend time this year with my best friends, sorority big sister, and sorority little sister.& of course my blood sister, but it's much easier to see her!  

My best friend Hayah and I need to spend as much time as possible this year. & every year! She keeps me sane.  She knows me.  We do the funnest things together.  She's my Disneyland pal!  A year ago we worked out our schedules so that we could go to Disneyland 3 times a week! [We don't live that close to it either!]  This year she's transferred to another school, so it'll be a little more difficult to go now, as we are on opposite sides of the park.  

I've mentioned it before, but Hayah is Muslim.  I only bring this up because it brings up the idea of marriage.  I know that she will be getting married soon and that I also want to get married in the near future.  This doesn't mean that we won't see each other, it just means that things will be different [hopefully for the better!] Her and my boyfriend Dave get along really well and we all spend time together often.  I know that we need to make the most of this time and spend as much of it together as possible! ♥

I also can't wait to spend time with my big sis Alex!  [It's very weird for me to call her by her first name!!]  Even though she is my "big" sis, I am older than her.  But I'm a year behind in college, so we're both graduating in Spring of 2014.  We've had almost a year together now as Big and Little.  I always have so much fun with her.  We're very different but we also have a ton in common.  She is so accepting and never holds anything against me. We can talk about anything and know that it won't be shared with anyone it shouldn't be.  

My Big is going to be less involved in campus life this semester and I'm super excited about it.  Senior year is stressful enough as it is without having positions in sorority and the campus activities board [aka she ran the school lol], which is what her Junior year was like.  With all of her newly opened time we're going to spend loads of time together! :] She also has a Disneyland pass! So we'll be going there a lot this semester.  ♥

Aaaand finally my Little.  Last semester I got a little sister in sorority and I'm too excited about it still.  I semi-stalk her.  But in a loving way I promise!  I won't get to see her this semester at all, at least not in person.  She's studying abroad in England.  I'm extremely excited for her!! But I'm sad to see her leave so early into our relationship.  The bright side: It's only for one semester! I'll get to spend a bunch of time with her in January term and Spring term next year!

Just thought I'd update you guys a little into what is going on in my life right now!
♥ Riley



P.S. Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment